Established August 1970

30 May 2016

Out with the old and in with the new!

Hello everyone!

I'm glad to announce that I thought of another good subject line! :) haha. But seriously, today I said my last goodbye to Elder Smoot, tomorrow morning he will take the flight to Santiago, and from there visit the temple and take a flight to the states in the evening. It was a good week, he said goodbye to everyone, and we had some really good lunches since they were his last ones. It was pretty great. Yesterday he had his last interview with President Arrington, it's also the last interviews that President Arrington will have. This transfer, he will leave and President Catala (from Argentina) will arrive. At the very end of June he and his wife will arrive with their 15-year-old son. So that's pretty exciting! But we're working on something cool to do for President and Sister Arrington before they leave, but it's a surprise! So don't tell! :D

Tomorrow, I'll get to meet up with my new companion, Elder Vargas! He is from Argentina! I already know him a little bit, and he's a really great guy, I'm honestly really excited to work with him. I'm excited to be with a latino companion again as well. It's been almost a year since I was with my last latino companion. Wow. Long time. haha.

Anyway... This last week honestly FLEW by. I can't even remember what we did! haha. Just the lunches. :) HA! Just kidding. Everyone was just sad because Elder Smoot was leaving. They had a little farewell party for him in the chapel, so that was pretty fun. He plays baseball, and one of the converts made him a baseball cake. It was really cute, and totally delicious. 

There's not too much time today because of transfers, but I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! You know I will! :) I should have more time next week to tell you all about Elder Vargas and the people we're working with. We have the goal as a mission to take 2 people to church this sunday in each area. So that's what we're going for. It's actually a challenge the area presidency gave us. So that's what we're looking at for this week! Pray for us!

Com muito amor,

Elder Robinson

P.S. We have a lot of Brasileiros in our zone, so that was portuguese. Para que no se confunden! and here are some pictures from an exchange I had with Elder Oliveira (a brasileiro) and it's like 3 hours away from my area. haha. It's way out in the booneys! They say there are more cows than people there. I think it's true.

 
And here's a really big spider we found in the air on the way down from Cerro Navidad.

0 comments: