Established August 1970

09 May 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

To all you wonderful mothers, mother's to be, and just wonderful women!  Love you all!  It's going to be a little bit of a short one this week because I have a lot to do, but I'll share some highlights.

Monday we went to one of our members houses and did some watercolor painting with her.  She helped us out a lot, and it was really fun.  Pictures attached!  I made one to give to one of our investigators, so that will be fun to give her before I go.

Tuesday we stole a chair from the church for the elders.  It was the funniest random text we got.  They asked us if our church building had the big tan primary chairs.  We said yes, they asked if we could bring them one for studies.  I guess one of them has back problems and the chairs the mission gives us are painful for him, so it was suggested he use one of those for the back support. Funny.

A cute little boy at dinner left in the middle of dinner.  Everyone was wondering where he went.  Then he came back with a little red water balloon each for Sister Kirby and me.  Haha it was so cute!

Went on exchanges with Sister Limb.  There were definitely some miracles so that was pretty cool.  We contacted a Hindi family from Nepal.  The mother and two daughters names were Pramila, Prabina, and Prasanna.  The fact I remember those names is a miracle all by itself.  We also contacted a guy that said he didn't speak English very well, so she and I cobbled together our few Spanish words to ask if the Spanish missionaries could come.  I contributed half of the name of the church in Spanish.  Couldn't remember the first half because I always try to say it in German (church of Jesus Christ...hard, right? But I always make it kirche and can't remember the Spanish word for church).  I've got de los Santos de las Ultimas Dias down though.  So we sent that referral.

This week I also had my departing interview with President Jardine.  I only cried a little bit, he was impressed.  He was also impressed that I have had four phone calls home on my mission.  Usually doesn't happen for sisters, I timed it just right.  It was really a great interview though, he shared lots of helpful wisdom and I took notes.  I also had my departing testimony at Zone Training on Friday.  I cried a little more for that one.  But mostly tears of gratitude for the experience and growth I have had. 

Saturday morning bright and early we had service helping with a "Love My Mother" 5k.  It was cool, we got to talk to a lot of the vendors and get to know them as we helped them set up their booths.  Then Sister Kirby and I were at the finish line handing out water and medals.  There is another run we are helping with next weekend.

Sunday I ended the week in the best way by skyping my family!  Sister Kirby was impressed that even though I couldn't see their faces, I knew when Susan, Raymond and Julie entered.  I recognized Susan's giggle, and Raymond and Julie's voices.  Family's are forever!  I'm so glad.  Love you all!

0 comments: