Hello everyone!
To explain the subject, when I started my mission, I was shortly joined in the field my my parents (who served in the Philippines) and then a couple months later I was also joined by my sister (who finished her mission this week in California) so it's kind of a landmark to be the only one in my family on a mission! haha. But I hope that my sister is well received and that she gets terribly spoiled and loved and gets to hold the new nieces and nephews that have been born while we've been gone. I know that she has missed it!
This week was pretty great, and yesterday was the cherry on top! Recent convert in our ward was assigned to talk about the day of rest, and the sacrament. He's really new, and it was an amazing talk. He received the priesthood last week and is the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's. He's honestly on fire. His name is Diego. He's studying in the university right now, and he's really smart. He talked about why we wear white shirts to symbolize and remember that white clothing we wear when we are baptized and the clothing we wear to enter the temple as well to make other covenants and to do ordinances for the dead. It was honestly an inspiring talk, and it was a blessing to see how much his testimony grew by researching for and delivering the talk, he also blessed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday.
We visited a lot of people this week to invite them all to go to church and commit them to baptism to see who really had desires to follow Christ, and it was successful, but most of them really didn't, so this week we're really excited to dedicate a lot of time to finding people to teach and contacting some more member referrals that we have received.
We also had a ward missionary activity this week and invited everyone to have a family night in the chapel with us! It was really fun, and we had a lot of support, we made sopapillas (those are like scones) and the sisters gave an AMAZING message, and I think everyone really enjoyed it, so hopefully they'll tell everyone about it so even more people come next time.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and are reading your scriptures and saying your prayers every day. I was studying the plan of salvation a lot this week about the fall and the atonement. "An act of supreme love for God and His children." He obeyed because He loved His father and because He loved us. That's the difference between obeying because we should and obeying because we want to. A sincere desire to obey Him because we love Him will perfect us.
Love,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment