Established August 1970

18 April 2016

Me Voy a Tomé!

Well... I got the transfer call last night and I'm leaving... I'm honestly so sad. But I'm excited for my new sector as well. Tomé is on the opposite side of Chile, the coastal side. So I won't be very far from the beach! Hurray! And my companion is way cool and fun, his name is Elder Smoot. So I am really excited about that. I'm gonna miss Chillan and Los Volcanes a lot, though.


There was a really cool miracle this week, though. One investigator, Maurice, went to church this alst weekend. He's atheist, but we've been helping them out with some projects at their house, and we've gotten pretty close, so he accepted the invitation to go to church with us! Oh ya! It was truly a tender mercy from the Lord to see him in church before I left. 

Also, I'm finally gonna send some pictures today! For real! :) haha. My memory card had some little viruses on it so that's why it hasn't been working for a while, but now it's all better, so be ready for pictures galore. 

I invite you all to read 2 scriptures and ponder on why Jesus Christ, our Savior, was the only one that could bring to pass the atonement. 3 Nephi 11:11 and Moses 4:2

They teach us here in the mission and before as well, that obedience to the commandments allows the Spirit to work more in our lives, therefore recieving more guidance and benefiting by more spiritual power. So the more obedient we are, or the more time we have being obedient, or trying to do so, the greater influence the Spirit can have on our lives, and in the longer run, the more we will become like Jesus Christ. I have definitely witnessed that in my life, even though I wouldn't have put it in those terms, and I have been able to see it a LOT during my mission and in my own life. They say that the more obedient (or the more clean) we are the thinner the veil gets between us and the Lord, I believe that it's true.

I love you all and I hope you have a fabulous week! I'll get to tell you all about my new area next week, so be ready for story time! :) Please pray for me and the people in my new area, so we can find each other and be edified and grow together, and that Elder Smoot and I wil be able to find the people that God has prepared to recieve our message.

Elder Robinson

P.S. here's a picture of collected salt on a tock in Cobquecura
and a rainy sunny day we had last week!
 
 

0 comments: