Established August 1970

26 January 2015

Week 12-the week that nothing happened

This will be a short one because...as above...nothing happened.  Obviously that can't exactly be true because there was still seven days and I was definitely doing things in those seven days but...nothing very exciting.  We are down to two investigator families.  One of them canceled their appointment because the mom's dad was in the hospital.  We took some time to "heart attack" them with cute little hearts with scriptures written out on them so that was fun.  Hopefully we will catch them this week.  The other investigator lesson we had scheduled we had to cancel because Sister Barfuss declared me unable to attend the lesson and she wasn't able to find someone else to go out with her.  I was declared unable because I have had headaches all day every day for over a month and I've been handling it ok but after that long it just kind of emotionally drains you.  So the day of our appointment we had role-played for the lesson and Sister Barfuss, pretending to be Ladonna, made me cry.  It just emotionally wears on you to have chronic headaches apparently.  So we canceled the appointment and I took a nap.  That was a real bummer.  The next day we managed to catch Larry for a drop by just to share some scriptures so that was a blessing.  I felt like Heavenly Father set that up to make up for what I missed.  I have a doctor appointment today so hopefully we can figure out what the deal is because I'm not down for staying home again anytime soon.

We did some service for some members that live out in the country.  Sister Barfuss and I were tasked to dig about the fruit trees, and then to spread manure around them.  I hope you see where this is going...Olive Tree Allegory!  So we did a lot of joking about how we were laboring in the Lord's vineyard, dunging and digging about the trees.  We were pondering the future talk material we were getting from this.  We even counted and there were 18 trees so it was like the 18 months of our mission.  This is the level that my humor has sunk to.  When your jokes are completely based on scripture references and likening the scriptures to your life you know you're a missionary. :)  Anyway, love you guys!  I'll update next week on the doctor appointment.

Sister Robinson
our house after we decorated with old missionary bike wheels!  I am ready for weekly planning

0 comments: