Established August 1970

16 September 2014

What a week.

               Haha. It was honestly such an incredible week! I think I'm going to work my way backwards. well first of all, its way fun to be district leader because I get to go get everyone's mail and if I want to read it before I give it to them I do! haha. just kidding. But it is really fun. and its fun exercise for my brain to think about new ways to lead and help my district grow closer together. Also, I'm not sick any more! hurray! All right so yesterday was Mexico Independence day! Which means party central in all of Mexico! Fireworks (most of them homemade I heard) were going off all day! haha.  It was pretty amazing! and then at night we had a two and one half hour program to celebrate the culture and day! It was amazing! So many colors and dances and meaningful stories! It was apparently the day that the war for independence really started. They have another one for when it was finished (these Mexicans really know how to get more parties in). :) It was so amazing! and I was thinking about how all around the CCM people were getting drunk and high and hurt and probably Satan was just out there loving it. Just joining in the parties! No that there is anything wrong with celebrating independence day but they told us that we defintely know more about their culture and history than they do. Which is just sad. Like two and half hours is a long time... but not that long. And it was just a testimony to our leaders being called and inspired by God. While the rest of the country is partying we were learning about the culture and feeling the spirits of those men and women that sacrificed their lives for their country and having a good time. I was thinking that if you could see light and darkness in a spiritual sense, the auditorium in the CCM would be glowing so bright, to make an even brighter contrast to the darkness of the rest of the country. Although I'm sure there are many in Mexico that know the culture and lit lights of their own for the night. And then we went to our house and went to sleep like good little missionaries... After we yelled ¡Viva Mexico! Several times from on top our roof! and the 2nd counselor who lives next door loved it! and then told us to hurry to bed! haha. there was probably 50 missionaries on our roof. Who knows where they came from. I honestly didnt know them, but apparently word got around. and one misionary brought a martinelli's from home to celebrate and was very generous and shared it with all on our clothes and in our mouths. And they wonder how sickness spreads so quickly. Well now you know how. It was pretty crazy. and then we felt bad and said a prayer so we could have the spirit back. Anyway going back some more...
                       On Sunday our district meeting was on district unity and we had a really amazing discussion about that. But later that day (our hermanas have been sick like I said last week) the hermanas asked for blessings. so we have 4 hermanas and 4 elder companionships, so each companionship in our district got to anoint and bless one of the hermanas, after which we all shook embraced each other (metaphorically of course) and shook hands quite tightly  (my hand is still bruised from one of them) and I thought, if only every district could have that need. Our district is closer than ever and the Hermanas are all well now! and then we talked about the devotional we had, which was really good. This guy was honestly so funny, similar to John Bytheway, but he also spoke spanish. and taught some really good messages and then we watched the testaments (about Christ coming to America) and that movie has always touched me. 
               Also, last Tuesday night we heard the dedication prayer and talk by Jeffery R. Holland from January of 2013 dedicating some buildings in the Provo MTC. The dedication prayer itself was remarkable and life changing, but his talk was what really got me. He spoke so powerfully and one minute I was laughing hard and the next I was sobbing. It was remarkable. and he talked about how something that he and President Monson could not accept was missionaries who went home and then were inactive. and he said that you need to go home with at least one convert and it had better be you! it had better be you. I start to cry just thinking about it again. When he talked the way he talked I was filled with such a fire. and a burning to do the Lord's work no matter the cost, because inactive returned missionaries is something that I can not accept either, and never will. Because I know that His plan is the only way we can all be truly happy, and not just happy, but finding more and more joy with every instant that goes by. and I know that God knows it, and I can not deny it. Nor will I ever. "Let the fire of the covenant which you made in the house of the Lord, burn in your hearts, like flame unquenchable" 
           Attached is pictures of my companion and some friends and the rooftop crew and some bees on a bush. Hope you have an amazing week!

With love from Mexico,

Elder Robinson

P.S. ¡Viva Mexico!

P.P.S. I may or may not be marrying a Chilean woman.

P.P.P.S. I might have to send some of the pics in another email.

0 comments: