Established August 1970

02 September 2014

At the CCM at last!

                Oh man! Its so good to be here at the CCM (which is spanish for MTC)! My companion is so sweet! He went to Lone Peak High School and played on the basketball team there and he is such a good kid. And the other companionship in my room is so cool too! Elder Sperry and Elder Bryan! Fom alta and davis high schools! Theyre so much fun and were honestly already best friends. Its so weird but it honestly feels like wive been tight forever. Ive met some amazing people here! and the experinces are even better! The power went out on friday and the security was going all around the wall, which by the way is 20 feet tall and topped by razors. One of our investigators said it was like a prison. Haha. We told home itwas more like a sanctuary of safety. Right outside our back door and behind the wall is the most dangerous part of Mexico City. We hear severl gunshots and ambulances every single day. So of course we climb the wall and look through the fence as often as possible. Ducking down whenever we see someone coming, or we tried to introduce the gospel to one guy that was walking by, but he just ignored us. Anyway so during the power outage the security was out because every time the power goes out the bad guys try to come in and take our stuff and kill us. What a thrill. haha,. but we have some pretty tough securty guys. They wont even let our investigator bring us food from his hamburger joint! Anyway, our investigator is gonna get baptized on September 27th. But I still think hes a fake investigator! Haha. Im pretty sure he is, anywway. But if no thats pretty cool. Language is still a barried but me and my companion make a pretty amzing team, if I do say so myself. Haha. a ton of missionaries come over to our casa at night and I play ukulele and we all sing unti lights out. Its bascically a dream come true. Everyone kept telling us that the first couple days were awful, but my companion was just like, well our first days are gonna be freaking amazing! And so they were. I miss home, but it feels good to focus on improving and learning how to be a good teacher. The best example of a good teacher, of course, is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Someone suggested to me to write dowen an attribute or subject that I wanted to work on at the beginning of my book of mormon and fiocus on that as I read it, and then re read it with a new topic. Im pretty sure a general authority said that but I dont know who. and since I get to read in Spanish and English I picked two topics! and both have a lot to do with being a good teacher, and a good student. One is patience and understanding. The other is gentility and kindness. Both are things that I struggle with, and I have found even in the short time that I have been focusing on those I already feel myself getting a little better. Its amazing how powerful gentleness. And the Savior is so good at that. 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.' What a perfect example of gentleness and the power of truth. He didnt call anyone out or put anyone on the spot, but just gently reminded them of the truth. and the truth of God cannot be denied. Love you all! 

Much love from Mexico,

Elder Robinson

0 comments: