Established August 1970

15 September 2014

MTC week

Charity dropped us off at the curb, we checked in etc. and then we heard, "Robinson's"!  I felt "p o p u l a r" :)  It was KJ.  It was so fun.  He's great but would like to be on his way since he already knows the language.  The 6 elders who helped us in with our bags are all going to Iloilo, Philippines, so that was really fun.  After all was done for the day, Grandma picked us up and took us to PFChangs for dinner.  I was so full from the MTC that I just had lettuce wraps but they were good.  We went to her house for a few hours and she told us lots of stories.  It was good.
September 9th, we learned about getting to know people and finally got our passports back.  Charity had her interview with her stake president and now her papers are in.  Woohoo!  We had I a fireside with the whole MTC missionaries with Elder and Sister Sitati.  I was so tired afterwards that I went right to sleep and then we had a fire alarm at 11:30 and we all had to evacuate our building.  It took about an hour.  Rumor has it that a foreign missionary pulled the lever or whatever.  Yes, it is one way to have some excitement.
September 10, we did role plays with a fake investigator but it surely seems real.  It felt a little frustrating because I knew we couldn't follow up or take her to church.  Grandma picked us up again at night and took us to dinner at the Olive Garden.  She had us invite Castleton's now from Boise, but they lived in Preston 28 years.  He was our stake president when we moved to Preston and also a judge.  Then we went back to Grandma's house to visit.  Grandma's neighbors came over (ChloeAnn and husband) to visit.  They served in Hong Kong with Castleton's, so it was very nice.
September 11, We did more role plays with the four couples that we were grouped with all week.  One of the other couples is going to the Philippines as nurse and legal service.  Grandma picked us up again with Uncle Larry and took us all to Olive Garden along with Uncle Bob and Candy.  THEN she offered us tickets to the football game.  We went.  We won. We loved it.  Then we walked back to the MTC, all UP HILL:)
September 12, Friday, we role played with the other couple that we hadn't exchanged with and then went in with the big group and had a short testimony meeting.  Then we went back into our small group classroom and listened to a couple who had been to the Philippines.  They live in Orem now but they were originally from Tennessee and they had that fun accent.  Their talks to us were fascinating and so exciting:)  He said he lost 40 lbs in the Philippines. That would be perfect:)
September 13th was "P" day at home in Bountiful and we cleaned some more.  I got all the cupboards but one empty and washed out, the microwave and ovens all cleaned and we repacked.  The MTC was a great practice to know what we needed and what we would rather have than what we had packed.  We went over and visited with the R&J Robinson's for a few hours and came home to bed!
September 14th, we get to go to the Church Office Building with Elder Falabella of the First Quorum of Seventy.  I'm very excited!  I will finish later.  Essentially, we had a private meeting with Elder Falabella.  It was us and two other couples who will be working with PEF and self-reliance.  One couple is going to Argentina and one is going to London and us.  He gave us a broad view of the initiative, quote, "God is self-reliant, and He wants us to be."  It begins with prayer, scripture study, work...we will have more training Monday and Tuesday.
I love you so much!  I know you are in the hollow of His Hands. I am hugging you so tightly from Bountiful.  Mom


0 comments: