I forgot to mention last week that I was made a district leader! haha. Sounds pretty exciting. I suppose it is. But mostly its just surprising because I feel like probably everyone in my district could make better district leaders than me. But I suppose that makes sense, because that means they dont need the practice! and I definitely do. Anyway, so thats kind of fun. you know unrighteous dominion and such. ha. also this week our first investigator became our spanish teacher, and he is honestly so cool. Like cool enough that I wanted to show him a picture of my sister so they could get married. He is honestly so cool and just is honestly an incredible teacher. And he always makes everyone in the district recharged spiritually, and physically, and emotionally. It really is amazing. I have 4 Hermanas in my district as well and one of their birthdays is tomorrow and so we get to bring ice cream to class, and the ice cream here is so fantastic. Next week is Mexicos fourth of July or something but its actually on September 15th! Weird stuff. So we get to see and participate in the cultural celebration and learn the Mexico national anthem, sounds a lot like a soundtrack to a race horse movie. But its really fun. If only I could understand the words. Haha. Just kidding the language is honestly coming pretty quickly now. I read the scriptures in spanish every day and I understand most everything. Actually speaking takes me a little longer still, but I know it will come. Gordon B. Hinckley promised that if you read the whole book of Mormon out loud in your mission language then by the time you were finished you would be fluent. So Im definitely taking him up on that. In my farewell talk I spoke about trusting in God. I didnt know who that talk was for at the time, but now I know that it was for me. Ive been sick with a cough or a cold or something since the second day I got to the mtc and it was just really frustrating, because I was taking vitamins and drinking enough water and getting enough sleep and doing everything I could to take care of me (even putting on essential oils every night that my mom sent to me) and I was just kind of like, why. Why is this so much harder than it needs to be. But because I was sick, it got everyone in my district sick! haha. Which brought our district close together really fast. We all have to take care of each other and help each other with things since we were all sick. grabbing tissues for each other, sharing vitamins, reminding each other to sanitize hands, sharing essential oils and so many other things. It sounds weird, but weve quickly become the closest district here because of it. and we havent even been here for long. It feels weird to think and say, but all things good or bad are from God, and because of Him, everything can be for our growth and benefit. Even maestros giving you a hard time every day! haha. But thats another story. Another huge things of this week I learned from Nephi. Take the time to think deeply and consider carefully every decision. Thomas S. Monson said that the choices you make determine your destiny. and I have come to understand that that statement is all-encompassing. Every choice we make is of great consequence. Even waving to that guy you dont know that well. You never know what that could start or add to or prevent. Love you all!
Much love from Mexico,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment