Established August 1970

06 May 2024

Mondays

I’ll have to say I love mondays. We get to stay in bed until 6am, I get to eat breakfast, I have time to wash clothes, exercise my knee, and do some baking. AND find the missionary emails to read?!  
Monday April 29:  we rode the bike 5 miles
Tuesday: I had left my recommend in the temple and the presidency wasn’t there yet to let me in so finally a sister said she would go to the fourth floor, find my bag and get it out of my pocket. Ugh. Hoping to do better this week. 
I discovered one of the ladies here is related to Lucy Gibbons from Bountiful and Renee Packer—-they are all sisters, maiden name Wood. She said we are related to the Woods from Burley. Their father was Grandpa and Grandma Stokes bishop there. 
We, all the senior couple missionaries were blessed to attend an endowment session at 11:30 today. Right now there are only two endowment sessions a day. 
We rode the bike 6 miles today
Wednesday we rode only 5—6 turned out to be too much as I had a lot of swelling. 
Thursday we did seal some families, we were trained in the Nauvoo baptistery area, and Sarah sent me a dicky for my neck and it works great!  And after our temple time we went to Keokuk and had Mexican food. Their green sauce has lime in it and very different and yummy. We started our bike ride but got rained out in two blocks. We came home and played Chinese checkers!  Yay😂. Dad won. I discovered why I like to play———-I love the bright colors!
Friday, of course you understand I just tell the extra things we do. Every day we are in the temple. I exercised and rode the bike four miles. 
Saturday we rode about four miles and discovered a flat tire so we had to walk back. We are assigned baptistery on Saturdays so we were trained there again.
It was interesting because four Elders came in to do baptisms and there was a black girl that wanted to have it performed for her names in Haitian. The temple printed it up, laminated it and one of the Elders seemed to know how to read and pronounce it.  The girl was just beaming, her own native language!  After our session at the temple at 7:30 we drove over to Keokuk and purchased a new tire for the bike. 
Sunday after church, we drove to the old Nauvoo cemetery, dad took some pictures. Groberg’s stopped over and saw BYU tv on and asked dad to come make theirs work. He did and showed them how to do it. So that was fun. At 5:00, we went to Palmer’s apartment and broke the fast with them and two other senior missionary couples, everyone brought something. We stayed and visited until 8:00 pm. 
The weather here is perfect. We love you all. Btw, Brother Palmer served in the Philippines when he was an Elder.  That was fun for us to hear about. ❤️. 

0 comments: