Ray dug up tulips on the temple grounds with other senior missionaries and tilled and prepared the planting area for the next plants. I did wash, prepared food and then we went to Keokuk for another bike tire. I am trying a new blood pressure pill (senior moment news😊❤️).
May 7 (I’m a little less dizzy and still working on the physical therapy for my knee)
Tuesday a typical temple day 6 am-12:30. Right now the temple closes when we leave at 12:30 for the day. We were able to ride bikes again 4 miles but after 3 days without, I took ibuprofen.
Wednesday Ray went to get the car as usual and I sat on cement right by the temple gate to wait. I had a small bout of shingles last week on my stomach but this was so many stinging sensations, I tole Ray when I got in the car, the shingles must be worse than ever—they always sting before they break out and itch and burn. I adjusted my dress and zing, a wasp flew out and I rolled down my window. We couldn’t believe it! It was as big as my phone, the redness and my thigh swelled up like a grapefruit cut in half.
Ray was asked to give Brother Groberg’s a blessing. He’s been just going out with seizures so Elder Cornish came over and they administered to him. Ray remembered to bring blessed oil with him, that was nice.
The fun news of the day: Dave and Ruth Thompson who lived in Jerome when we did, came to see us and stayed a couple of hours. It was so fun to visit with them!
Thursday we spent most of our time in the baptistery; Ray was the recorder and I was the card runner. After every group of 5, Ray put the cards by the railing and I picked them up and took them to the desk to file in alphabetical order for the patrons to pick up and take for confirmations . I was tired after an hour. We had quite a few in the baptistery. After the patrons re gone, then our team cleans up the baptistery, taking wet stuff to the laundry and rugs, towels, jump suits…then we squiggly floors, bring in clean, dry things for the shift on Friday morning. It really is a lot of work, so much more than what patrons see.
Friday was Angela’s birthday and our shift was in the afternoon on this day 2-7 except the second and fourth weeks, when two hours are added at the end so 2-9. We were all so tired.
Saturday morning we were finally able to ride the bike and in the middle of our ride, we stopped at the wheelwright/wainwright shop. The missionaries there were really good with lots of information. Captain John Robinson must have made wheels for the saints in Maine after he was converted on his ship bringing the early saints from Europe. Then probably made handcart wheels at winterquarters. The young band was on its ride through Nauvoo when they saw us on our tandem bike and the senior missionary recorded them playing “A bicycle built for two”. They were excited and so were we! After four miles, we went to the apartment to shower before the temple. We were in the baptistery again. It’s a different team than Thursday but same work. We were released at 7:15 when the temple closed and we had everything cleaned up and ready for Tuesday morning. After we went for Mothers Day dinner to KFC. It actually hit the spot for both of us. We were hungry. Then we went grocery shopping.
Yay for Sunday! Church, then we had Elder and Sister Weed from Fallon Nevada over for dinner. They left at 3:00 and then we had the family call. After we just sat on the couch enjoying the warmth of the call. Thanks for all who were able to get on. We had a fulfilling Mother’s Day and hope all of you did. One funny: Ray wouldn’t let the Weed couple leave until they look over our family picture magnets
and pointed out all our missionaries coming and going👌❤️.
We love you. Mom, Grandma, Elder and Sister Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment