Hey guys!
Well it was an amazing last week. I'm a little emotional right now, but I couldn't have asked for a better last week. It felt really good. I had exchanges with the Elders from Tomè and it was really fun. Lots of the members there had planned some things for us. They made us sushi and later we had an fhe with an investigator, and it was awesome. Then on Saturday they threw me a goodbye party in Dichato and it was a blast. It was really weird. I've been on the other side so many times and now it's my turn. It was kind of hard.
On the bright side I was able to bear my testimony yesterday in church! And it was really nice. I was reminded that it's not just the privilege of the missionaries to testify of Christ. It's the privilege of everyone who believes. In Alma 30:9 it says, "Now if a man desired to serve God, it was his privilege; or rather, if he believed in God it was his privilege to serve him..." Lucky for me, it never has to end.
I think the thing that I learned most or that had the greatest impact in my mission and in my life was charity. I remember in my first area when an investigator that I loved a lot commited to go to church and didn't go. I was so hurt. I felt so decieved and didn't even want to go visit him again. Then God gave me a little more light. I thought, "How many times have I told God that I would do something and didn't keep my promise, how hurt might He feel." And then I felt filled with His love and I understood that when we really are filled with the love that He has, we will love them unconditionally. And then even when they fall we only hope and help them to learn and get up again to succeed. I have failed a lot in my life, and over and over and over again I have felt safe in His eternal love. I hope you all feel that love, and that in some small way, I have been able to help others feel that love as well, and pray that the Lord continues to allow me to do so.
Thanks for all your love and support during these 2 years. It has gone by really fast. I hope we can all see each other and reconnect. I love you all a ton! We'll be seeing you soon!
Con todo mi amor y cariño,

0 comments:
Post a Comment