Established August 1970

07 August 2016

Last month in London

Earlier in July I went to "The Taming of the Shrew" at Shakespeare's globe theater. Not my favorite show ever but it was a cool experience anyway. The same week we went to Hever castle to watch a joust :) teehee. After the joust we went to a ward party at a park where everyone just eats as much strawberries and cream as they can and then goes out on the pond in paddle boats and canoes. That was pretty awesome, and lots of non members came. What a fun party!

Elle and I went to Hampton Court Palace, the home of King Henry the VIII and his six sorry wives. I'm becoming almost an expert. He was sure an interesting guy. That weekend I had all but Cole while Nathan and Amy went to Salzburg. Overall it went pretty well! We did a bunch of races, a water fight, and a nature scavenger hunt. I like the "wear them out" technique.

I was lucky and got in on the Robinson family vacation to St. Ives in Cornwall. We stayed in this cute house with beach views all week. Walked down to the beach pretty much everyday. The water was freezing cold and the outdoor temp was never higher than low 70s but Nathan rented wetsuits for several days so we got to really swim and body surf. One day we drove to Penzance for a stand up paddle board Lesson. That was pretty fun! We also found an awesome ice cream place to walk to so we went there a couple times. On the last day we did a bike ride all together. It was a nice trail, and I had Cole in a trailer behind me. On the way home from Cornwall we stopped somewhere that it looked like there might be a bathroom. There wasn't, but there was a cute little ice cream shack and a field of cows that they get the milk from to make the ice cream. It was totally charming. They had some interesting flavors...strawberry and balsamic vinegar, rice pudding and jam, ginger and butternut squash. I just got lemon curd, I don't gamble on ice cream. Nathan really liked the ginger and butternut squash one though. It was a fun week!

My big thing this week was going on the Warner brothers studio tour. You see tons of Harry Potter props, sets, costumes etc. it was pretty awesome. I about died looking at the case with all the horcruxes in it. Too cool! I missed my tube stop on the way back thereby also missing my train and getting home after midnight. That was a little distressing, but it gave me time to finish reading Gone with the Wind. That book is aggravating but utterly brilliant. I also took Ava on a milkshake date this week. I did FHE a while back and talked about the Book of Mormon and challenged everyone to read the Book of Mormon everyday. If they did it everyday I would take them for a milkshake. Ava is the only one that did it so it was a date! I think she had fun. I almost forgot but I did Andrew's testimony challenge and bore my testimony about it in church today. I'll see you all super soon!

0 comments: