Established August 1970

24 October 2015

Traslado 10

My friends and family!

                This was such a crazy week. It was awesome, though. I got my new companion, Elder Quinn, and he's sick. He's from Heber City, but he grew up in Georgia, and he went to college at BYU-Idaho. So I've been teaching him everything I know about what we do in the office, and he's doing great. And I've been buying flights and taking care of cell phones for all of the missionaries. It's some good times. And I got to drive a ton this week. Just saying. I'm basically pro at driving manual, now. But anyway…

                The first week of transfers is always kind of slow as far as the work goes, but we went to all of the recent converts so that Elder Quinn could meet them, and he already gained their trust pretty well I feel like. We're making some sweet plans for this week to encourage and get the members pumped to join in on the missionary work. We don't have it all planned yet, but it's going to be something about "Catching the wave" of missionary work. I don't know if you remember that talk, but we're gonna do an activity that's based on that because we're in the summer! Woo hoo!

                Also, this last week I've felt really strongly the physical and mental strength that God grants to those who are in His service as well, because all of the sudden there was a lot of new responsibilities just dumped on me, and it was pretty stressful, but with God's help and the much needed support of my companion as well, it made it seem, still stressful, but everything ran smoothly.

                I can't believe next week is Halloween! That's crazy. I feel like Halloween wasn't too long ago. But, whoops, it's been a year. How exciting! Hopefully you all do trunk or treating! I don't think my ward down here is gonna do it, I tried to explain it to the Bishop but he didn't get it much. The scripture that's been rolling around my mind a lot this week is one that is found in Doctrine and Covenants. It says, "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work," which means that all that is required to be part of the work of salvation is that we have desires. That really impressed me that He is not only looking for scholars or wise men to do the work, but anyone that has the desires to do it. Do you have desires? Then… you're called. (Don't you wish all job applications were that easy?)

                :) I love you guys! I hope you have a fantastic week! And here are some more pictures of the groundbreaking! And a picture of me and my companion as well. Have a Happy Halloween!

                Con mucho cariño,

Elder Robinson




Us 4 last week!!!!

And Elder Quinn!!!





0 comments: