Established August 1970

17 October 2015

La Palada Inicial

Friends and Family!

I love you guys! :) Just in case you didn’t know. This week was good. And it was the last week of transfers again, so on Monday my companion, Elder Anderson, will go and I’ll get a new companion here in the office and University ward! And I’ll be Comisario and teaching the new Elder his duties. My new duties will be ordering the mission materials and buying the flights for the missionaries that are headed home. How fun! :)

And guess what!!! The groundbreaking ceremony of the Concepcion Temple is today!!! Woo hoo!!! I wasn’t invited, but I might still be in the video… because they recorded me and my companion doing a missionary contact. Nothing to amazing, but hey, maybe we’ll be in the video. I’ll let you know, though. But we still got to watch it in the stake center, so we’re basically part of history. And we actually went afterwards and we got to shovel with the golden shovel, too! It was so cool! And I saw the Bishop and his wife from my first area, Chillancito, and it was such a joyful reunion! It was so fun to see them again! And we got a picture with Elder Gonzalez who’s the Area President. It was pretty much THE BEST! So I have officially participated in a groundbreaking ceremony.

On Sunday we found a new investigator that wanted a blessing, that’s how we met him. He was pretty cool, but he’s old and didn’t really understand too much, but we’ll just go little by little. :) And then on Monday we were asked to go to the hospital to give a blessing to this baby girl, she was in the surgery room, so only one person was able to enter at a time, so I got to go in and bless her. It was such a tender experience. When she saw me through the window she started waving at me and pointing at me. It was adorable. She was 1 and a half years old, and was born with a lung problem and they haven’t been able to pinpoint exactly what it is. Her name is Emilia, so if you think to prayer for her, her family would appreciate it. :)

We are in the war chapters of Alma right now, which has got to be one of the coolest parts, :) and reading about Captain Moroni and Lehi and how they found peace in knowing and trusting the other and loved each other and it says that they were greatly loved among all the people of Nephi. I just felt like I really want to be like Lehi. It says that when the Lamanites saw that he was leading the army, they were afraid and didn’t want to fight. And as members of the church we all want and need to become those people, so when those “Lamanites and Nephite dissenters” that attacks us today, see how fierce we are for standing and fighting like lions for truth and righteousness. I really see no other way to raise a family in righteousness other than that.

                I love you guys a ton! And I hope you all have a good week and that when the temptations of today come at us with their unjust causes, they too will turn away in fear because of our steadfastness and bravery.

 Love,

Elder Robinson

P.S. Here's a picture of us with President Gonzalez and his wife, and this random girl... maybe his daughter. Next week I'll have pictures of me with the shovel!!! Or maybe in a couple of minutes... but probably next week. and our new car. haha. I wish!



0 comments: