Established August 1970

10 October 2015

I ate eel

¡Hola mis chaquillos!

Today, the Wynns (a missionary couple) took us to Tumbes, which is basically a little fishing village, to take some pictures, enjoy the ocean and eat eel. :) haha. It was actually pretty good, although it makes your breath smell pretty bad. So check out the pics to see, it wasn honestly beautiful, and you have to know that after the earthquake/tsunami of 2010 this place was completely destroyed. And it's back to beautiful. 

¿Cómo les va? I'm doing pretty well. :) We had a sick activity last night, we all watched Meet the Mormons last night and quite a few people went, more than we expected. We don't know if anyone wants to hear more yet, but we have high hopes. People came from all over Concepcion, though, so they might not be in our area, but they can still get baptized! :) We've been trying some new things to find investigators, and we're hoping to start seeing the fruits, although we have already seen some because the members were really happy about the activity from last night, we had a ton of last-minute, unexpected support from them, so that was really awesome.

Wasn't conference amazing? Especially for women, they got some fat shout outs. It was a good weekend to be a girl. There wasn't a single missionary, I don't think, that didn't just want to go give their mom a big hug and tell her thank you. Haha. My mom is definitely one of those mothers that Elder Holland talked about. Even though sometimes I wished she wouldn't bear all my burdens all the time. But at the end of it all it's a good thing she did because who knows where I would be without her and my dad. I have some sweet girls in my life, my mom, my sisters and sisters-in-law and my nieces. And they are all amazing and are, as Elder Hales said " wholesome, attractive, honest, happy, hardworking, spiritual [people]," and I look up to all of them. I hope you'll all help me find a babe so I can have a wife like that, too. ;)

Also, I've been practicing sewing, just so you know, so I can make some of my ties skinny, I found a really old and ugly one to practice on (good thing I did) but I failed miserably, so, if anyone wants to send me instructions on how to make a skinny tie and sew it back up, that would be incredible.

It was so fun to be able to sustain the three new apostles. It was amazing being able to hear their testimonies and already feel that they are special witnesses of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's not like a worldly job where you have to rise through the ranks before you gain legitimacy, although I'm sure it's an adjustment in lifestyle, but it was so clear that they were called by God and you could really feel the authority and integrity in their testimonies. No pressure. :) And the Primary children's choir was so amazing. My hat goes off to whoever organized and directed that. :)

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and can all leave the house many times to enjoy the beautiful autumn. He did create it for us, after all. And it is beautiful. It's one of the things that remind me most often how much God loves us. And with all due respect, He's the man. We can show Him our gratitude by going out and soaking it all in.

Well, that's all for now. I sure do love you guys a lot! You guys are all "choro" that means like really awesome in Chileno. Have an amazing week!

Love,

Elder Robinson

Los Tumbes

Los Tumbes

Proof that God loves me; He sent me a purple shell. :)

Me!

My yummy eel. #vacation

 There were about 40 of these little stores that go get the shellfish and crabs, steam them, and sell them right there.



Feeling like Peter, James, and John




 And with these, I'll leave you to have an incredible week!

0 comments: