Established August 1970

27 July 2015

It's the end of my missionary world as I know it

Hey guys!

This week was awesome! haha. I had a fantastic birthday, just so you all know, and the members here threw me a surprise birthday party! That was way fun. I'll try to send some pictures. :) haha. And today is the dirst day of the new transfer and that means that I'm leaving Esmeralda. Sad times. But I had already been there 6 months. ha. But it will be hard to say goodbye to everyone today. And President Arrington (our mission president) called last night to give me my first assignment. So that was scary. I have been assigned to work in the missionary office as Historiador. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing, but I'll let you know. And it means that my P-Day will be on Saturday, so I will be writing every Saturday, just so you all know. I'll let you guys know what I get to do! 

We had 2 awesome lessons with Nat the cat. I'm honestly sure she's gonna get baptized. Probably this month. Her baptismal date isthe 8th of August, but we're gonna have to change it because she couldn't go to church yesterday because her little brother got sent to the hospital so she was with her family. But she's preparing really well for her baptism. But she gave me coffee chocolate for my birthday... woops. And it had coffee. But the garbage can seemed to really enjoy it. haha. I guess they're gonna need to teach the word of wisdom this week. :) 

As a mission we are gonna start reading the book of mormon all together in the space of 2 months. And we're gonna start memorizing scriptures and stuff as a mission. That should be fun. And in the office I'll get to help with that stuff I guess. It's gonna be weird stuff. 

This week I read about the prophets in our legacy. We basically have had some way cool fellas as prophets. Each one had such an important contribution to the church, even though some of them didn't even get to be prophet for a whole year. It's interesting to think about, though. Even though we're not prophets, each of them had a focus that they had that they added to the church and exhorted the members to do. Family Home Evenings, missionary work, temple work, and now the focus on the day of rest-and they all teach them all, but all of them had a specific focus. I keep on thinking, what's gonna be my focus. What am I gonna work on the most? What legacy are we leaving behind? With th is week of pioneers that we've left behind we've been talking about that a lot. The difference one brave soul that is willing to hush their fears and trust and obey can make. In their own family, in their friendships, in their job. One that is the most obvious is their family. Thanks to six people that were blessed to be a part of the organization of the church, thanks to their missionary efforts and unfailing courage in following the counsels of God and His prophets, look how much Zion has grown. Dare to be a pioneer.

I think it was Joseph Smith that said something like after all was said and done preaching the gospel is our greatest duty. I know it's true. And it's honestly so fun. It feels so good, and that's why it's so fun to share. People don't know what they are missing out on, for their own lives and their families. Faith and obedience. There isn't a better way to live life. 

Hope you all have a fabulous week! I'll be writing again this Saturday! Love you too much!

Elder Robinson :)

0 comments: