Established August 1970

13 July 2015

Hospital adventure, etc.

Well to begin, as most of you know I officially do NOT have cancer.  Bonus. :)  But I had quite the hospital adventure!  Since a biopsy is technically a surgery I got an official little wristband, wore a hospital gown, and was wheeled around on a gurney.  It was exciting.  But after all that I walked out with two mismatching band-aids.  Which I was not allowed to remove until the following day, so ward members definitely saw them and asked.  In the second to last picture you can faintly see the 12 little poke marks from where the needles went in.  It was less painful than the dentist.  Although my neck was pretty sore the few days after and it still hurts to yawn.  All in all a small price to pay to know for sure you don't have cancer.  So I guess those little growth things are just benign nodules that decided to hang out around my thyroid.  I believe the process now is check them in about six months and then once again six months after and if they don't change in size then they will probably never be cancerous and you just ignore them.  So that's my big story!  The last picture is just of us washing one of our members dogs.  It's actually the most adorable dog in the world, but when she's wet she looks like a little rat.  Other than that this week was just full of craziness trying to get our iPads figured out.  We got the Area Book app this week and it has been a bit of a nightmare trying to get things updated.  Everything takes 3 times as long as normal.  It's been a little frustrating.  And I am having a bit of a mid-mission-life crisis.  Just having a lot of days lately where I feel like I have accomplished absolutely nothing.  However this is definitely not the first time I have felt that way on my mission.  It always passes!  Our investigators aren't really progressing, so hopefully we will get them in gear this next week.  Love you all!

Sister Robinson




0 comments: