Ack! Transfers are awful! But we'll get back to that because it's most recent and I'm going to backtrack to what is less recent. Halfway through this week, on Wednesday I believe, we got a call from President Jardine. He was giving Sister Barfuss the assignment to be Sister Training Leader. Told ya I had I good companion. With that news we knew for sure that she was leaving the area because STL's aren't placed in Galt. Typically only one missionary is moved at a time so that one in the companionship knows the investigators and the ward members etc. so we were pretty sure that I would be staying. She had to go to a meeting on Friday with all the leadership and so I spent the better part of Friday with the Spanish sisters. That was interesting. Mostly it was the same as being in my normal routine because we still spent most of the time knocking on doors that weren't answered. At the end there was a lesson during which I mentally practiced memorizing the Spanish sentence they had taught me in the car just for fun. They brought a member along and after the lesson this member fed us lunch. It was mole (definitely supposed to be an accent in there somewhere, it is pronounced moe-lay) which is apparently a paste made of different kinds of chili's and cocoa. She blended it up with chicken broth and served chicken in the broth-soup mole stuff with some rice in a bowl. It was pretty good, but did NOT digest well. I was having some nasty spicy burps for hours. Sorry, too much information, but it was an experience! Authentic Mexican food with a lady that speaks only Spanish!
Oh also, accidentally I forgot to update anyone about the doctor last week. They sent me to a different doctor because the allergy stuff didn't help at all, so they sent me to a doctor in Roseville. We got the text telling us the address of the appointment and Sister Barfuss got SUPER excited because we got to leave the mission! It's crazy how exciting it is to drive forty-five minutes away when it means you are leaving a boundary you know is in place. He said the problem is tension in my neck muscles which is causing the headaches. He told me to do neck stretches (gave me a booklet that teaches me how) and then gave me more prescription pain medication, which doesn't help at all. I think the stretches might be helping some though, it seems to hurt less some days. I also have an appointment scheduled with a chiropractor February 25th.
Also, super exciting news! We are having a conference that is supposed to be mission wide I think and a member of the seventy, and an apostle will come! Wahoo! AND it's on my birthday! So that's pretty much the best ever. Pretty sure it is only happening because they are splitting our mission, but I will NOT complain about anything out of the norm, and especially if an apostle is involved! So I am super excited about that. (Raymond, get in the suitcase of whoever it is and come see me! Oh, and bring that cute baby.)
One of our members texted this week with a quote from her 3 year-old daughter, "Why does Jesus' kids live so far away?" "Who are you talking about?" "The missionary sisters, Mom." Haha I thought it was funny, and cute. I seriously love some of these kids around here. Not as much as my cute nieces and nephews though.
This week we went to the taco truck for lunch one day and there were these high school boys. One of them said, "Are you guys Mormons?" so then we got in a conversation with them. We were telling them some of our beliefs about the restoration and Heavenly Father. They were saying that we couldn't know what is true and what is not and we'll find out when we die. That was pretty much super depressing to me. How can anyone be satisfied with that? I am grateful to know that there is a way to know what is true and what is not, and that it's through my Father in Heaven, who loves me and wants me to know. Something in the conversation made me think of Ether 12:4, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." This scripture has been hard for me to understand in the past because it's such a long thought, but I understand it now. When we have faith in Christ and in His love and power and Atonement, we have hope that through Him we can accomplish anything. We have hope for a better world. A world where everyone knows of Him, and their Heavenly Father and the joy of the gospel. Hope cometh of faith, and anchors our souls to God.
This faith and hope I will need, because I am being transferred to El Dorado! With a companion I fear! And I will be driving! Which I also fear! And I will know absolutely no one and I am leaving the place I now consider to be home in a way. But, "God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." So I will be relying on that power and love and soundness of mind a lot in the coming week. Pray for Galt 2nd ward and the missionaries to take care of it. And for my new companion, Sister Tu'atonga. And for me. Love you all!
Sister Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment