Established August 1970

11 August 2024

Week of Aug 5-11

August 5:  Raymond III and Rachael. Happy birthday!  

Biked 8.99 miles. Went with Elder and Sister Kroger in their electric car to the Dutchman’s store run but Menonites, we heard. A very old fashioned store with everything in it in Cantril, Iowa.   We purchased peaches 3.  Oh we wished we had purchased a box. They were so yummy.

Tuesday:  Darrin birthday. Happy day! 

Woke up at 4:20 am😩. Alarm goes off at 5 am so no reason to not get up, shower, dress, fix and eat breakfast  usually I don’t have time for that last part . Arrived at the temple at 5:45 am. Biked 8.2 miles

Wednesday:  our regular temple schedule 7-1. After dunch and a nap, we started our bike ride—1.78 miles; my knee could not do it.  Here is one of those tender mercies from God. Elder and Sister Booker saw me on the elevator and asked if they could come over after their temple schedule. He recently had the same surgery I had and he’s doing very well.  He had it done somewhere in this area and goes to physical therapy. He gave me some of the exercises he does that were different. Their temple schedule and ours never are the same. Any way, I am working on recovery again.  

Thursday was in the Arrival Center again.  One family came from Rigby and were watching two grandchildren while the parents were in the temple. Another family came to use the bathrooms; another family came from Pleasant Grove.  Jane, I understand “nothin” kind of days.  

After our assignment, we took out the bike again. 7.1 miles👏🏻. Progress again. We stopped at Brother and Sister Carrolls house. They have a beautiful garden. We purchased some red potatoes and huge tomatoes. She had a noise going off in her garage that Ray tried to fix but he couldn’t find the battery. We tried to help her. Trying counts😇

Friday:  biked 8 miles. We were the leads for the 5:15 endowment session. 

Answer to each of my challenges:  increase my faith and trust

1-study the scriptures

2-choose to believe in Jesus Christ

3-act in faith

4-partake of sacred emblems

5-ask Heavenly Father for help

Saturday:  biked 8.25 miles, made sour dough crumpets, apple crisp with green apples Amy left at our door, and exercised before going to our temple responsibilities.  We went to our meeting at the baptistry and not many were signed up.  We assisted one family of five with a recommend missing and Ray walked them over to the temple and then our coordinator said we could go to an endowment session with a family name. I had one and we went and then were sent home as there were no patrons for us.  It was great to go to a session and stand in the prayer circle and come through the veil with someone I knew.  Just imagine how it might be if I knew Jesus Christ and through Him I am able to enter our Fathers kingdom.  

Sunday:  I woke up with a thought of covenants and my next thought was how grateful I am for my marriage and the confidence Ray has always had in our covenant relationship. Sometimes his confidence in us has kept me holding on. Then in relief society the lesson was on two talks about covenants by President Oaks and by Elder Soares from the last general conference. Then in sacrament meeting we listened to a return missionary who gave a practical and powerful talk on doing those things that keep our covenants active and meaningful. Then two sisters sang, “A Window of His love”. And by now the tears are streaming.  What a blessing to look at our  eternal companions and see into their hearts and remember the many times he or she has been a window to the Lords love for us.  Those occasions when I have been thoughtless or unkind or whatever and ray has been totally forgiving and fully accepting—a window to His love.  Eternal marriage and families are such a grand blessing from a Father in Heaven who shares His love with those who desire and keep covenants. I love you all!  Mom and Grandma, Sister Robinson

11th Ty’s birthday

0 comments: