Monday July 22: biked 10 plus miles, grocery shopping, washing clothes
Tuesday: 10.11 miles ; made best chocolate pudding ever pie
Wednesday: earlier temple, biked 10.17 miles, sang at the end of the British Pageant—“called to serve, oh say what is truth, Redeemer of Israel”
Thursday: Andrew’s birthday,,we served in the Arrival Center, biked 10.57
Justin Ward, Texas youth came for baptisms. Their ward was just split. They had 75 youth!
Friday: Sarah’s birthday, biked 10.77 miles, Mike was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, Nathan arrived in Nauvoo, we sat with him until it was time for us to go forward and sing
Saturday: biked 10.48 miles, took a ride along the Trail of Hope—Boyd was the boy who dressed as a girl to go with the saints; he did hid part so well, we were laughing, we served in the Arrival Center again
Sunday: Nathan left😔, we watched and cried in “Our Story Goes On”. I guess as we get older, we’re like meat hanging, we get more tender. Tears flow more easily.
Monday, July 29 we went to Lewis and Thurston’s house to make smothered burritos. They are yummy. I have the recipes! Biked 10.72 miles
Tuesday: early preparation meeting again 6:05 dressed in temple attire. We were the leads for the 7:00 am endowment session. There was a sideways thunder and lightening and rain storm as we were going and entering the temple. We had never experienced a sideways storm. Umbrellas don’t work; we were soaked just getting into the temple side handicapped door. Later rode bike 10.18 miles and watched Susan in “Women of Nauvoo”. She is so versatile, she looks like a woman and she can look like a youth. But whatever she is, she does it all so beautifully!
Wednesday: more lightening and rain. Biked 10.64 miles, enjoyed feeding Amy, Ava, Portia, and Cole fish tacos and lemon truffle pie. It’s difficult with our schedules to get the chance to see them except on stage.
Thursday: Arrival Center again, it’s our regular Thursday assignment. We met some people to get together with when we get home, they also served in the Philippines. Biked 8.39 and ate at the BBQ place in town—recommend it as a good place to eat here, ribs fell off the bones. Thinking of our posterity gathering for a reunion. So happy they pulled this off without us. That’s success.
Friday: I had a text from the coordinator requesting that we come early. I said yeS, but was dreading it. Extra early mornings are killing me. Then I double checked to make sure we would be at the right time👏🏻. I forgot we go at noon on Friday and Saturday so it was no big deal. We had to be there at 12:45 instead of 1:05 for preparation meeting before the regular meeting. No big deal. Whew. I’m glad I didn’t expose myself😇. I served in the celestial room during the meeting.
biked 8.25 miles, walked . 72 miles, sang at the British pageant, bedtime 10:45. The family at home is enjoying Bear Lake today.
Bike 10.84 miles. The baptistry was so busy: up/down stairs over and over…I thought I was doing so well with my knee that I just did everything instead of trading with someone on the things that put stress on my knee.😩. I wasn’t that good, I guess—my knee just collapsed and I couldn’t walk out of the temple so I was pushed in a wheelchair😩that was embarrassing, but not until the end of the shift; I just couldn’t stand on it at all. When I got. Home, I iced it, took ibuprofen, then heat and went to bed.
Sunday: I was better in the morning, fast Sunday. Ray helped me make the chocolate Oreo pie for break the fast dinner at 5:00 at Inmans so I didn’t have to put weight on my knee for all that crushing, stirring time. At church we taught our new member lesson and we had Macatells and Sister Squire and Kevin, one year member). We covered Alma 32-38. It turned out good. I love the chapters where Alma is speaking to his sons individually with the love and counsel and pleading of a father. So wonderful how the Lord gives us family to experience such exquisite love as we are capable. We are so grateful for each of you and love each of you so dearly. We desire you to have all the joy possible and we know that comes from family experiences as we love and serve each other along the path of happiness. The Lords way is the way but we are each at a different point of learning how that is and how to be humble and how to check our pride and be meek and lowly of heart in the power of God. Sounds like an oximoron. Did I spell that right. If not, I’ll blame it on auto correct😀. Anyway, we are thankful for your participation in testimony meeting and the talent show etc. thank you for taking care of each other. 6:30-8:30 was an ice cream social at the pageant head quarters for being part of the missionary army at the end of the British Pageant. As if we needed any appreciation; it was such a privilege to get to be part at the end.
We love you ! Mom, Grandma and Ray who gives me this privilege.😇
0 comments:
Post a Comment