Established August 1970

20 June 2016

Hello everybody!

Well, since I wrote way late last week, we decided to write early this week! :) haha. This last week was pretty cool. I had an exchange with a Brazilian elder who got to the mission 2 weeks ago! I couldn't understand him way well, but he was learning Spanish pretty quickly. His name is Elder Ribeiro. He's from the northern part of Brazil. It was a cool experience, though. 

We also had zone conference this last week, and we had it all by ourselves! haha. It was still really fun, though. And we had tacos again, because they were really good, so I'll send some pictures of that. :) And this week we have another conference for the farewell of President and Sister Arrington. They leave next week, and the new President, President and Sister Catala, will arrive on the 29th. So then we'll probably have another conference to meet them! But that's for next week.

We found a totally golden investigator this week! His name is Manuel. He went to a baptism that the sisters had here in our ward, and he went to church yesterday. He accepted and committed to a baptismal date for the 9th of July! He needs your prayers. He's really awesome, though. A nice guy, and a gentlemen. He doesn't drink or smoke, or drink tea or coffee. Así de dorado. So we're pretty excited to continue working with him, and he was actually a reference that we received from Camilo! So that was fun. But Camilo actually didn't go to church yesterday, sad times, please continue praying for Camilo so that he can receive the strength and make decision to repent and be baptized.

I love this work. I feel so humbled and grateful to be a part of it. I hope that everyone can find the joy that we have all felt, because I know that everyone has felt the pain and hopelessness of being alone. And what a joyful opportunity we have to help them feel the love and joy even as Alma did. "18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death. 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain! 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." Alma 36

Have a beautiful week! I love you all a ton!

Elder Robinson


Zona Tomé!​
​The game we played in zone conference​

​And here's me and Elder Hartvigsen (he came with me) at a private beach in my area. :)​

0 comments: