Established August 1970

14 September 2015

Never go to a barber

Hey there! Well I'm just going to explain my subject line right away. This morning I got a haircut. I was super excited because the ends have been super dry and nasty so I was very happy to get a little trim. My goal has been to grow out my hair for my whole mission and see how long it would get. It had reached the usual longest it gets before I get sick of it and chop it off so I was very excited to see how long it was in eight months. The plan was to trim off a half inch. An inch at most. So I went to a barber in our ward because that's where everyone said to go and I figured anyone is low risk because it's just a trim and you can't mess up, right?! Famous last words. I'm sure you all know where this is going...I told him just a trim for the dead ends and he did not ask me how much. He decided to use his judgement for how much needed to go. And I couldn't see how much he was cutting because it was behind my back. So he turns me around and he has cut FIVE. INCHES. My hair is now the length it was six months ago. So in six months it will be back to where it was this morning. I am SO UPSET! Should've known better than to trust a man to cut my hair.

Anyway, I haven't been updating on health because I just don't want to go back through my e-mails after my mission and be reading the health saga of sister Robinson, but I guess you all might want to know what's going on haha. The headaches have been consistently better for about two weeks now, so that is very promising. I still have a slight headache most of the time but it's SO MUCH BETTER! I'm attributing it to the nightguard. Guess I just had a serious grinding problem. However, in the meantime before that started helping I was put on an antidepressant, the idea being that I am so stressed and anxious as a missionary (no, I'm not) that it's causing headaches. So I have been taking Zoloft for the past three weeks. I had a whole slew of unpleasant side effects, and on Wednesday at the follow up appointment I had been having a mysterious rash for a few days. Since that can be a sign of a rather serious allergic reaction I am no longer taking Zoloft. The rash hasn't gone away just yet so it is possibly being caused by something else...I'm going to give it a few more days until I talk to the nurse about it. The stuff might just not be out of my system yet maybe. There's still a possibility of them trying a different antidepressant in a couple of weeks, but if headaches are still good by then I will just be medication free and doing awesome! So hoping for that. :)

This week we met a super sweet older lady named Lorraine. She said she'd read the Book of Mormon. We're not sure how much she understood due to her age, but we're hoping to continue working with her and see her progress.

On Friday we did service for the Elk Grove Food Bank's Clothes Closet. It was pretty cool, we sorted a bunch of clothes that will be distributed to kids in need and we got to talk to some other non-member volunteers. I love when service brings about opportunities to answer questions and talk about the church.

Saturday our stake had a Laurels and Priests MTC activity. We had two laurels come out with us for a couple of hours and join us in our teaching. The girls we had were super sweet and did a great job. Such a great activity to help prepare the youth for missionary service. It was exciting. They are working with a friend they go to school with. They've given her a Book of Mormon and are trying to help her make friends with the youth in the ward where she lives so they can give her rides to seminary and prepare her to meet with the missionaries there. I was very impressed. They've got the vision! So awesome.

Yesterday we met a woman named Jody. She was referred to us by some sisters that met her in Carmichael. She is actually a less active member that we don't have records for. She is super sweet and really struggling with some trials right now. It was cool to see how her prayers were answered and the missionaries found her. 

A scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants was shared with me this past week, "lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come!" What a blessed hour. I couldn't be doing anything better. Love you all!

Sister Robinson

Sent from my iPad

0 comments: