Established August 1970

26 September 2015

Another week in Chile

Well hello everyone!

                It's my pleasure to be addressing you once again on this fine Saturday morningish afternoon. I hope this finds you all well and healthy. We planned a sweet activity for this Saturday for everyone that works in the office, and so President and Hermana Arrington are gonna take us all to Cobquecura, which is this beautiful beach which I've never been to before! So I'll be sending some beautiful pictures of that as well!

                Sadly, the three investigators we found last week did not go to church, nope, not a single one. So that was really sad, and we haven't even been able to visit them this week, because they haven't been there for the appointments, but the more people you find the more likely it is that some of them will go to church! But it was still pretty upsetting. However, we did get to visit Cristian this week and taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and so we're hoping that little by little, now that the fiestas are over he won't be so tempted by drugs and alcohol and his girls and his friends. He's showing a little interest again so hopefully he can take it seriously again now.

                We haven't been able to find any new investigators this week, but we are planning a movie night in the stake center where we are going to invite everyone to come and watch "Meet the Mormons" but that's not for a couple of weeks, but we're hoping to be able to invite a lot of people to that, and find some investigators that way. If you have any ideas to find new people to invite to church, let me know! :)

 Also, ONE WEEK UNTIL CONFERENCE!!! That's so sweet! I can't believe it's already been six months since last conference! Let me tell you, I thought I got pretty excited for General Conference before my mission, but it was nothing. I barely even took notes! Before my first conference in the mission (which was while I was still in the MTC) they showed us a talk by David A. Bednar about taking notes and studying for conference, which is an incredible talk, and really I think we can all put his counsel into good use every time we prepare to hear the general authorities speak.

                There is a great video on the lds.org website that is about preparing questions for conference and I would encourage you all to watch the video and prepare questions, it's amazing, but no matter how specific or how many questions I have asked, they are always answered, and not in vague ways either, in specific, piercing ways. And it's awesome! So watch that video.

                I sure do love you guys a lot and hope you have a fabulous week! We got the news this week that Richard G. Scott passed away this week, it's interesting how one feels that they have personal friendships with the brethren even they we hardly know them. But I'm sure they can us e his help on the other side as well. He'll be a great aid to the work there as well.

                That's all for this week! I'm not sure how it will work next week with Conference being on P-day, possibly we'll have a different P-day, but possibly not, but just so you know.

                Con mucho cariño y Spanglish,
Elder Robinson
P.S. here's the video! https://www.lds.org/church/events/october-2015-general-conference?lang=eng

Here's all of us!

President and the boys #groupselfie


Some sick beach football! #gocougars



This place is called la iglesia de la piedra. Because it's like a big rock that kind of looks like a cathedral inside. sort of...

#selfie


here's a horse I think... we were way out there in the country side. It was like 2 hours away...

#hsmselfie
CONFERENCE IS NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inside the "church"

lunch!

0 comments: