Established August 1970

07 December 2012

Christmas Memories

Well, I've really been bad about posting on here...and on my personal blog.  Oh well!  I have a problem where I have an inability to choose just one memory...so I believe there shall be at least three.

Probably the youngest memory I can come up with is the year I was given a Barbie JEEP.  It actually drove, and I was super thrilled.  Probably one of my favorite toys.

I'm not actually sure how old I was for this, but the first year Mike set a trap for us was really fun.  Rachael was there, so it may have been Christmas break for her because I'm pretty sure she would have been in college.  So three of us were working on it.  I just remember being so excited to see what Mike would do, and then strategizing with Rachael on how best to get through it.

Possibly my favorite/most memorable is the year that we built forts to have a snowball fight.  I think it was Dad, Rachael...and someone else (sorry I don't remember) against me, April, Mike, and Andrew.  Our fort dominated.  Mike pulled out a cooler and we used it to make blocks so our fort was way legit.  It was SO fun.

Mike thought we were so weird! Why does your family sit on the kitchen floor to talk?

Just thought I'd post the few pictures we had of one of Charity's favorite Christmases:)

I guess this means that was 8 years ago!

It was a sweet fort!

Look at cute little, Susan!
And of course, every year playing laser tag in the store was fun.  Definitely miss that.  Christmas is great!  Love you all!

2 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Ha! I was . . . not exactly jealous, but kind of when you got that jeep. Guess who else wanted one of those, and never got one? Yep. Me. :) I was excited for you, though.
The trap! Oh, my gosh - you and I slept up in the loft so he'd have a good place to set said trap and you woke me up every hour starting at 2 a.m.! I think I gave up at 5 or 6. hahaha
Can't believe your favorite wasn't the year that I took you out on a date. ;) Way to respond to the prompt so swiftly!

April and Michael Maughan said...

Hope you don't mind, Charity, I added to your post! :)