I know this is a little late, but this weekend feels like a good time to catch up on this post.
I don't remember not having a testimony of the priesthood. I remember getting up and saying I was grateful my dad was the Bishop all the time, but I don't remember why I said it or why it was important to me. I do remember feeling very special when dad interviewed me for baptism and baptized me. I know I felt the power every year when Dad gave us a Father's Blessing. It gave me increased confidence in myself every time I felt that power enter me through his blessings. Over the years my understanding has grown and my testimony has strengthened. I had the opportunity to teach several 11 year old boys in primary for only a few months at the end of the year and go to the priesthood preview program with them. As I bore my testimony about God sharing His power with them I felt the Spirit bear witness to me that it really was His plan to give power to 12 year old boys. I have hoped since then that I can teach my girls to treat those boys with respect so they will rise to their potential. That they will be able to look past the immaturity to see their potential and recognize that it is those same silly antics that make them fun dads some day.
08 October 2012
Priesthood Power
Posted by April and Michael Maughan at 12:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment