Established August 1970

24 May 2008

A brand new car!

Well, not even close to brand new, but new for us. We purchased a '97 Subaru Legacy Outback this last week. I just grabbed this pic off of the internet, but this is how it looks. With our forthcoming new arrival we felt that we needed a little more cargo space; more passenger space is not yet necessary so we weren't in the market for a van or anything like that. And we found one that was affordable (amazingly). Anyway, so we've traded in the Bonneville. It was a somewhat painful procedure - "Bonnie" has been very good to us. It was quite an adventure to buy a car. Neither Dave nor I had actually done it before. I made Dave do all of the price haggling by himself. I didn't want to be there because the thought made me sick - I just feel like somebody must be getting cheated. :-) It's impossible to know if we really made a good deal until we see how "Ruby" handles long drives and how long she lasts. But we feel pretty good about it - everyone we talked to said Subaru's last forever!

0 comments: