Monday September 2: biked 8.77 miles. Our baptistry group that we have served with most of our time here under Elder and Sister Cornish on Saturday afternoons is breaking up because of slow downs that occur this time of the year. So we enjoyed a potluck dinner with meat purchased from the new bbq restaurant in Nauvoo. I made cheesy garlic potatoes. And Cornishes set up the Arrival Center with tables and chairs. It was delightful and we shared our most memorable experiences in the baptistry this season. A “feel good” time.
Tuesday: early morning time as usual 6:00 am. After our temple session we rode the bike 10.24 miles in 51 minutes, ending at 4:50 in just beautiful weather.
Wednesday: temple is a later start at 7:00. It’s amazing what a difference that hour later start makes to my body. After our temple shift, we went to Keokuk and I had my nails done with the acrylics. They look and feel much nicer. When we returned home we rode the bike 8.77 miles—another beautiful day.
Thursday: after our temple shift, we ate a lunch I packed in the temple break room and then took a family name through an endowment session after I did 5 initiatories. We met our Thursday baptistry team with Brother and Sister Drosty as the coordinators at Angelina’s in Keokuk. There were 8 couples. This was the team that we were not inside with but we served at the Arrival Center. I had chicken/bacon/ranch thin crust pizza. Highly recommend! Home at 7:30
Friday: bikes 8.92 miles in the morning, showered and went to an endowment session at 11:15 before our shift started at 1:00. We arrived home after first quarter of BYU game start with SMU. We listened until BYU won!
Saturday: biked 8.56 miles in 45 minutes. Sent Venmo $13 for potatoes to Rachael. Thanks for splitting with me, Julie and thanks Rachael for getting them for us! I love Idaho potatoes and it seems that the prices have dropped.
Worked, of course, our afternoon shift but it was not in the baptistry as it has been; it was regular positions in the temple.
Sunday: we enjoyed church. Our time here is going so fast now. After church I made us smothered beef burritos with side de galo. Then we attended “Our Saviors Love” again. We don’t get tired of it. Then we walked 1/2 mile just to enjoy and test out my knee. It went well👏🏻. Thanks everyone for joining the family call. It feels so good to look upon each of you. We love you more than words can express! And we pray for each one of you that your testimonies are growing and deepening and that your understanding of the “Family Proclamation” and Heavenly Fathers plan for each of us individually and as a family is deepening. I’m so happy that Heavenly Father has shared His Love with us in our own family unit. Love Mom, Grandma, etc and Ray❤️
0 comments:
Post a Comment