Monday: Met the Turners today at the Printing Offfice in old Nauvoo, a senior sites missionary couple from Ty’s branch in his mission where he is right now. While there Ray found his great-great grandfathers name in the old newspaper saying he had mail. Lewis and Thurston from Cedar City came to celebrate my Dads birthday with hamburgers and we played Chinese checkers and Fast Track. We visited the Sarah Granger Kimball house.
Tuesday 5:50 am temple shift time. Two Robinson women came through my initiatory booth, saw my name tag and refer to me as cousin. After our temple shift, we rode our bike 3.88 miles and half of that was without power assist as we ran out of batteries. We went out later after we plugged in the bike to power and down the road we saw my second cousin, Stephen and Renee Packer visiting with another couple from the temple. We whirled around and had a nice visit.
Wednesday: a sister caught me after her endowment session as I was stationed near the clothing and asked where I was from. Bountiful, Utah. Do you know a Ray Robinson? She was in the family cast back some years and knew all the Ray and Julie Robinson’s. She lives out here now with her husband going to medical school. After our temple shift, we ate and drove to Fort Madison to Lily nails to have my acrylic fill-in and that was different than anything I have done. But it is so nice to have my nails done so the one I took the box cutter to when I was first time pregnant doesn’t get caught on everything anymore ;and came home to bike 5.68 miles
Thursday: baptismal arrival center is our assignment 7:00 am- 1 pm. While doing our work at the Arrival Center a young man came in looking for his wife and found us. “You’re Andrew’s parents!” It was a friend of Andrew’s from Preston, Zack Roper. We processed over 100 people who wanted to do baptisms for the deceased. We ate at LOCK 19 after the temple. I had loaded fries (2 burgers, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sauce over fries. That was fun and different. That night Groberg’s wanted to teach us how to play 5 Crowns. That was fun; but they are always delightful to be with.
Friday: exercised first, bike ride 5 miles and shower etc for temple from 12:50-7:15 with us leading the 5:15 endowment session. I was outside the chapel door with the people counter and a couple came up to me, “Aren’t you Nathan’s mom? They were our neighbors in Texas. Didn’t you come with the new babies? Their daughter was with them preparing to leave for her mission, she is in between Ellie and Ava. “. They are the Maxwells from Humble, Texas. It was a fun week.
Saturday we rode 5.8 miles. We were assigned to the Arrival Center again. 12:50-7:00 pm. Kids come in from Arizona and always know the Porter Brothers (Michelle and Dennis family and of course, I brag that I am their Aunt😇
It was a little strange because we have showers in the center for those who do baptisms. But some men 25-35 ish had been on a long bike ride, at least six came in and used the showers. I was a little uncomfortable because we have youth using the dressing rooms and shower. These were just bikers. We’ll, anyway, it was interestingly uncomfortable.
Sunday we were able to watch Janes mission farewell and Emma’s piano after our church services. Janes talk gave me reason to repent (change) to do better in my relationship building with my Heavenly Father and with Jesus Christ and with each family member. Talking with and listening to and serving are key to this development. I hope I got it right Jane. We ate dinner at Groberg’s after Janes farewell so while we missed all the family and food, we weren’t totally without a good time.
And my last treat to report: A sister from the Czech Republic came to my initiatory booth and was so full of the Spirit. She found me later in the Celestial room and gave me a hug and said, “I was so full of the Spirit.” And hugged me again.
It was a great week in the Nauvoo temple mission!
0 comments:
Post a Comment