Established August 1970

09 February 2020

MTC-Second Week

The Book of Mormon records much contention, jealousy in one family.  But the father continues to exhort them to righteousness.  Be of good cheer no matter what part you play in a family.  Be believing and trust God.  “Frankly forgive”. Look for God’s hand as trials change my nature.  
I love this by Dallin Oaks:  “any philosophy or organization that opposes belief in God brings captivity of false ideas.”  Ensign March 2015. The Lord prepared us a liahona—the Book of Mormon.  If we feast on it and follow Christ, He will lead us to the Promised Land.  His word helps us face challenges and teaches us how.  Liken the scriptures to me.  
So wonderful how we can look at each story we read about the Savior and we can discover His character.  
Sunday Ray and I went and spent the day with my mother and her husband at Courtyard at Jamestown.  We went to fast and testimony meeting with them and Sunday School, had lunch with them.  Some of the nicest people live there.  We really enjoyed our time with them.  Monday morning at 8 am found us in class learning IMOS, the computer program the missionaries use.  I am really good at touching the buttons the teacher tells me to touch.  I would like to take one of the teachers with me!  Monday night we attend fhe again and listened to Elder Bednar.  I would like to listen to it at least 4 more times.  
Tuesday was more office programs:  Lettters to family of arriving missionaries, ...
At night it was a fireside with Elder and Sister Bassett for all the missionaries.  I was responsible in our district during the day for the spiritual thought.  Of course, I told what was still on my mind:  the story of Lucy Mack Smith’s brother, Daniel, who has admonished his friends not to go swimming in a river they were by and other fellows were there too.  But one fellow said, I’m going anyway and he jumped in followed by 2 others.  All were doomed for a watery grave as they got caught on undergrowth.  Daniel asked the rest of the group if any of them would dive in to save them at the peril of their own lives.  No one spoke.  Daniel dived in and pulled each one out, one at a time and told the others to roll them over barrels to get the water out of them.  As they recovered, they told Daniel they would always remember him, that they wanted to always live by him.  Though the spurned his counsel, he still went in after them.  
So much like us.  Sometimes I don’t recognize the Lord;s counsel; but He jumps in and saves me anyway.  I learn good from evil from my experiences in life.  And hopefully I love the good and seek His counsel as I develop and turn from the natural man.  
Wednesday was more office programs:  entering baptism records, how to split the screen, making the President’s message, transfers...  Yes, I’m over my head and my brain has turned to mush but with God nothing is impossible.  
Thursday there was training for the finances, the vehicles, ...wow!  The vastness of the mission and the Lords church!  We received a thought today by Ezra Taft Benson: 

 “When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in the moment God will endow us with power.” 

Friday we returned to Bountiful to wash and repack.  Tomorrow the Lord’s WORK.  Aloha!

0 comments: