Established August 1970

10 May 2013

We Love You, Angela

I'll go stream of thought style for this one . . . I remember loving Angela's sweet, angelic (how appropriate!) singing voice from the very beginning - the quality has always reminded me of a flute, and I loved it when she sang around the house . . . Angela picking me up from piano lessons at Sister Seamons' house in Jerome and driving in a crazy serpentine pattern to make me laugh (I loved it when she did that) . . . from my perspective, it has always seemed like Angela was ready at any moment to have a party, and she would be well prepared with plenty of junk to party with . . . after high school she went to Provo and we all got showered with BYU gear - it was beautiful :) . . . more than once I sneaked into Angela's room (which was always so neat, it was rather shocking compared with other rooms in the house) and stole some of the candy she often kept on hand - sorry about that, Angela - I think she knew it was me, but I don't remember her ever yelling at me about it . . . I remember thinking that she was just gorgeous, particularly for her engagement and wedding photos - what a knock out! . . . also have vivid memories of her in her prom dress that mom made - pretty sure that style of dress was prominent in my drawings for a long time after that . . .

The older I get the more amazing I think Angela is. I'm pretty sure I know no other adult that is less likely to hold a grudge than her. It's just not how she's programmed! She seems to have an infinite well of forgiveness in her heart, and I just love that about her. She takes people as they are, and never seems to expect anything different. It ended up not being in the Lord's plan for me to serve a mission, but I planned on it from the age of twelve, being highly influenced by the choices of my older siblings, including Angela. I was just so proud of her. Even though I didn't end up serving a full-time mission, I know that even just planning and preparing for it was a blessing in my life. I love Angela so much. What a fantastic older sister she is. She's fully supportive and completely non-judgmental - you can't have a better cheerleader than that! When she showed up at the marathon around mile twenty-four last year - well, it was just perfect timing. I needed that boost right then; she gave me the motivation to actually finish the rest of the race at a run. I don't think I'd have managed it without that. She's just amazing, and I am continually awed by her strength and her tremendous faith. The perfect phrase to describe her is "steadfast and immovable."

0 comments: