My first memory of Mike was of him sitting at the table in April's apartment at Heritage Halls BYU with longer hair on top. He was pretty cute, but I was concerned he might be a "player". Then the story continued ... We worked together on them living in the Provo house by Raymond and Julie, so it was so nice to get comfortable talking about money. After they were married, I remember how nice it was that he would play with my younger children. That is the key to a mother's heart. I think one of my favorite memories was watching them make the snow cave in the backyard. When Mike does something, it's always first rate...cubed blocks. It was so cool. no pun intended. It has also been fun having Mike be willing to share his neat family with us. His parents' mission farewell was very cool and such neat siblings!!! Thanks for sharing with us. I also love how Mike makes us feel hosted at his house, wherever that may be. He cooks on the grill. He tries to find interesting things to entertain us and he can just sit around and visit. Another neat thing about Mike is his unselfishness. How he was willing to let Emma be baptized in the midst of extended family instead of waiting until he came back. So unselfish. Mike has been a participator from the beginning. That is so helpful when trying to build a family. Mike also has great discipline over himself. This trait gives me confidence that he will follow the Master. He is not hesitant to repent and make his life to model the Saviors. Changing is possible for him. Mostly, I love his total devotion to his wife. He tries endlessly to please her, to take care of her and to love her.
23 February 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment